©erin antognoli. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 24, 2006

GOYA Friday - Holga in Silver Spring




For this week's GOYA, I took my Holga to Silver Spring, Maryland when I went to Alchemy to show some of my artwork to Brenda, the owner. The snow was thawing and water was running all over the streets. I thought the way the sun glistened on the trails of water was really cool, and am glad the photos came out how I was hoping they would.

Today I actually just dropped off about 11 pieces of artwork there, including the mixed media pieces I posted earlier and about 7 photos, some of which are from this very Holga project. The Chinatown photo that is currently my blog header is there! And while I was there, I bought a pair of earrings to make up for my favorite pair that I lost on Valentine's day. Hopefully I won't lose these... they came from Bolivia. Very cool...

2 comments:

Schmidt said...

I want a holga! Do I want a holga? I think I do. Your holgas are beautiful.

Erin said...

thanks for the compliments : )

holgas are fun, but sort of unpredictable. that's what makes them so fun and challenging!

i'm hoping to have a show of this work once i've shot enough work worthy to fill one... i'll keep everyone posted about that... making the good, big prints will be my summer project.

About Me

My photo
I am a sculptor, photographer, and mixed media artist based in the Washington, DC metro area. I sculpt with steel and glass, and enjoy people and holga / alternative processes photography best, although I experiment with many different subjects and media where I find them.

find me on facebook


sign up for my newsletter

do you hear what i hear?

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP