©erin antognoli. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Family Reunion




Ok, so the reunion happened in July. But between the start of classes (I teach a class of Photography and this year a class of Art), wedding season, the holidays and my trip to India, I am just now getting around to editing some of the personal photos I took over a half a year ago! I hope my family can find it in their hearts to forgive me :)

Just to give an overview, I don't know half the people at our family reunion. My grandfather had 16 brothers and sisters, and there are hundreds of relatives that come to these gatherings. This past one was on the small side (maybe only 100 or so), and a lot of those in attendance are small children. But it's really nice to be able to attend these events, and have a connection to my heritage. My second cousin Holly is a saint to have these reunions at her house!

And being a photographer, I think it's incredibly important to have that visual record, because I can tell you that those kids grow up so fast that I don't recognize a lot of them from year to year. And unfortunately, there are always a few family members who are sadly missed. One 16 year old cousin was killed in a car wreck just before the last reunion, and it was a very sad thing. So treasure your family, and take lots of photos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always love your people pictures. Especially the children. This is a great way to share.
Mom

About Me

My photo
I am a sculptor, photographer, and mixed media artist based in the Washington, DC metro area. I sculpt with steel and glass, and enjoy people and holga / alternative processes photography best, although I experiment with many different subjects and media where I find them.

find me on facebook


sign up for my newsletter

do you hear what i hear?

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP