©erin antognoli. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 08, 2007

You Know How I Love A Good Covert Operation...

Attention all New York City readers, or to anyone planning on being there in the near future:

DC artist and art blogger J.T. Kirkland is planning a covert show in Manhattan January 16-18. An excerpt from his blog:

'My company/client is putting me up in a pretty darn nice hotel in the Financial District in Manhattan. It's just a couple of blocks from the WTC site. In my room, I am going to mount a showing of my work. This will take place Tuesday-Thursday, January 16-18, from 7:30-9:30pm.

Sometimes an artist just has to grab a bull by the horns. If no gallery is taking your work to an art fair, hold your own. If no gallery in Chelsea will give you a solo show, mount your own. If you can't afford a studio in NYC, let your client pay for one. Right? Right!

So here's the deal. Next Sunday (1/14), I will be driving to NYC with my work. I will mount my show on Monday night and I will do all that I can to ensure the cleaning staff stays out of my room that week. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, I will open things up for visitors to come in and check out my work. I hope to meet many of my NYC readers. If you want to purchase a piece, we can do that (cash, check or Paypal are all options... my laptop will be up and running)."


Get the details on his blog and if you are able to show your support, please do. And by all means, pass the word along to anyone you think might be interested. Artists need to do more of this type of thing to get their work out there. Now if only someone would put me up in a swanky hotel in the Financial District... :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sculptor, photographer, and mixed media artist based in the Washington, DC metro area. I sculpt with steel and glass, and enjoy people and holga / alternative processes photography best, although I experiment with many different subjects and media where I find them.

find me on facebook


sign up for my newsletter

do you hear what i hear?

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP