©erin antognoli. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Baby Brother



My younger brother, Jason, recently came to visit me from Western Pennsylvania with the hopes of getting some head shots and general promo shots made. He's a musician, singing and playing a variety of instruments, but chose to bring his guitar along for the shoot because it's a lot more portable than a piano! I don't often blog about head shots / promo shots, but I'm making an exception here because I've been trying to get some nice photos of my brother for years and now I finally have them!

I made the normal head shots that he needed, and then a few with the guitar, and then I started to have some fun with this rare opportunity. I'm capable of making the more evenly lit portraits, but also like to work with more dramatic lighting a great deal. Both styles have a definite use and benefit, so it's good to be versatile.

Hopefully these images will help book Jay lots of gigs!

(And I call him my "baby brother" jokingly now. He's bigger than I am!)











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ye gods, a smile! These are great shots.
Cherlyn

Anonymous said...

Nice display! The spirit of Jason's music seems to filter through your photos.
DA

About Me

My photo
I am a sculptor, photographer, and mixed media artist based in the Washington, DC metro area. I sculpt with steel and glass, and enjoy people and holga / alternative processes photography best, although I experiment with many different subjects and media where I find them.

find me on facebook


sign up for my newsletter

do you hear what i hear?

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP