©erin antognoli. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Route 66 - Texas XPan II Images



This post is a continuation of the last one, only these are my XPan II images made in Texas during our Route 66 trip.

We camped out in Amarillo, but before we set up the tent we headed down the road to check out the famed Cadillac Ranch. Again, I had seen photos, but really... 10 Cadillacs sticking partway out of the ground and covered in inches thick of spray paint is not something you get to see everyday!



This is apparently the largest cross in the Western Hemisphere. It is located in Groom, Texas:



We also saw McLean Texas, and stopped into the Route 66 Museum they had there. These photos were taken while wandering the streets nearby:







And these two photos are of part of the historic Historic Route 66. It was right next to the road we were traveling, but all grown over and hardly even a road anymore. The reason we stopped here was because we saw a roadrunner dart across the road and we followed him. Yes, he looked a lot like the Warner Bros. Roadrunner, but not blue.
:-)



And this is the actual "Mother Road" we were traveling on:



And that's it for Texas! Next up: New Mexico...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sculptor, photographer, and mixed media artist based in the Washington, DC metro area. I sculpt with steel and glass, and enjoy people and holga / alternative processes photography best, although I experiment with many different subjects and media where I find them.

find me on facebook


sign up for my newsletter

do you hear what i hear?

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP