©erin antognoli. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Artomatic - Meet the Artists!

Friday May 4th (that's today!) is meet the artists night at Artomatic. The whole thing goes from 6 PM to 1 AM, and artists are encouraged to be in their spaces so that you can talk with them and see the people behind the art. Get the lowdown HERE. Artomatic is just a metro stop away (Crystal City), and there's also free parking across the street. The address for Artomatic is 2121 Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA, in the old Patent Offices. So come and have some fun!

Another bit of exhibit news - I got into the ArtsCouncil@GRACE2007 show! I entered 5 of my Holga pieces (all of which are in Artomatic), but am not sure which one(s) they chose for the show yet. Here's part of the e-mail I received to let me know:

Congratulations on being selected to exhibit your work in ArtsCouncil@GRACE 2007.

We received over 500 artworks for consideration for this annual juried show, making the selection process an exciting challenge for our juror, Irene Hofmann.

We hope that you will join us at the reception and award ceremony for this year’s exhibition at the Greater Reston Arts Center. The opening reception will be held on Friday, June 22, from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.

In addition there will be an artist’s dialogue on July 12th at 7:30 p.m. at the gallery. We hope that you will be able to join us for this opportunity to discuss your work with other artists and interested viewers.


So great news all around, and I hope to see a lot of people tonight!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sculptor, photographer, and mixed media artist based in the Washington, DC metro area. I sculpt with steel and glass, and enjoy people and holga / alternative processes photography best, although I experiment with many different subjects and media where I find them.

find me on facebook


sign up for my newsletter

do you hear what i hear?

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP