©erin antognoli. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 10, 2006

GOYA Friday - The Gas Station


This week I took my Holga to the gas station because, well, I didn't have any better ideas! I think the last time I took a camera of any kind to a gas station was when I lived in Savannah, and I was working on a project that consisted of dressing up my mannequin, Diana (the world was ready for another!), and putting her in situations that I would normally be in. I took one photo of her pumping gas at the station near my apartment there. It must have looked really strange to see me start the gas pump, whip mannequin parts out of the trunk and assemble them, take some photos, take the mannequin apart and put her back in the trunk and drive off. But that's ok... it amused me for five minutes.

Other photos of Diana included her getting ready in the morning, sitting in my classes at my desk, checking my e-mail in the computer lab, riding the elevator, waiting at the bus stop, touring River Street, and grocery shopping. Oh, the stares I would get. I should dig up some of those photos and share them. I haven't looked at them for at least 7 or 8 years since I made them.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sculptor, photographer, and mixed media artist based in the Washington, DC metro area. I sculpt with steel and glass, and enjoy people and holga / alternative processes photography best, although I experiment with many different subjects and media where I find them.

find me on facebook


sign up for my newsletter

do you hear what i hear?

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP