©erin antognoli. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Route 66 - Illinois



Here are some more photos from our travels through Illinois - pretty much everything south of Chicago in the state. Josh came to fetch us from Chicago Sunday morning, and brought us down to their house where we had a Route 66 kick off party! And then, on Monday morning, Josh, Amy, Andy and I began the road trip as a foursome.

First up, Cazenovia, Illinois. This is where Josh and Amy live, and are photos of their backyard, actually. These were taken not even an hour before we hit the road in our rented Ford Explorer. How very different than where I live!





Our first stop on the Mother Road was in the town of Springfield, Illinois. There were lots of cool things to see, but unfortunately, the town of Springfield apparently does not believe in opening anything on Mondays. So we had to stick to looking at the outsides of establishments before moving on.





And a lone Holga photo from Shea's in Springfield to round out the XPan shots:



Next up: Missouri! Stay tuned...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sculptor, photographer, and mixed media artist based in the Washington, DC metro area. I sculpt with steel and glass, and enjoy people and holga / alternative processes photography best, although I experiment with many different subjects and media where I find them.

find me on facebook


sign up for my newsletter

do you hear what i hear?

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP