©erin antognoli. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Family Reunion - Hasselblad Images





I recently attended my annual Antognoli family reunion and decided to skip the digital photography altogether this time around. Armed only with my Hasselblad and a pile of 120 film, I made these and many more images of my relatives. I chose these two images to share for this post because they both share the balloon motif.

These are scans from the actual silver gelatin prints that I made in the darkroom last time around. Normally I just scan the film, but I wanted to know that I could print these for real, rather than adjusting in Photoshop after the fact, so what you see is what resulted from my darkroom time.

In short, I learned that I am rusty with the Hasselblad, and even rustier in printing straight (read: non-Holga or alternative processes) images in the darkroom. But it felt so good to print "normal" single frame photos and I am going to try to do this again in the near future.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sculptor, photographer, and mixed media artist based in the Washington, DC metro area. I sculpt with steel and glass, and enjoy people and holga / alternative processes photography best, although I experiment with many different subjects and media where I find them.

find me on facebook


sign up for my newsletter

do you hear what i hear?

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP