©erin antognoli. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

India Wedding





As promised, some more photos... this time from the wedding we attended while in India. These are all of our friend, Shivaani, the bride. We were very honored and grateful to be invited to be a part of the wedding festivities, and everyone there was just wonderful to us.

I photographed two of the four days of ceremonies we attended while wearing a saree (the traditional attire for women), which for someone not used to that manner of dress was quite a challenge for me in itself. But I think I got the hang of moving around AND taking photos while wearing it fairly quickly! We were told we could wear western clothes if we felt more comfortable that way, but my philosophy is to soak up as much of the experience as possible. When in Rome, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW YOU! Well, I figure, I must know you, you know Shivaani, and I went to college with Shivaani, and I saw Krissy and John in your photos! Oh my god! You posted a link to these on my friend's blog in June (she is going to India; Heather at Two Timing the Cosmos) and I was JUST browsing your pictures and I almost THREW UP when I saw that Krissy and John were in your photos - AND THAT THIS WAS SHIVAANI'S WEDDING! Oh my goodness gracious, what a small, small world! Did we go to college together at Kent? Write me! geezohpetes@gmail.com!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS SHIVAANI! She looks so gorgeous! It's like a fairytale! The first shot of her is stunning!

About Me

My photo
I am a sculptor, photographer, and mixed media artist based in the Washington, DC metro area. I sculpt with steel and glass, and enjoy people and holga / alternative processes photography best, although I experiment with many different subjects and media where I find them.

find me on facebook


sign up for my newsletter

do you hear what i hear?

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP